Scipio Africanus is one of the most used epic commanders in Rise of Kingdoms due to his mobility and powerful skills.
In this guide, let’s talk about Scipio Africanus, his skills, the best talent trees for him and the best way to make the most of him!
|Leadership | Conquering | Attack|
|Title:||Blade of Warfare|
Scipio Africanus Introduction:
Scipio Africanus is the starting Commander of Rome and he is one of the best Epic Commanders in the early game. He is a powerful offensive Commander that has the ability to debuff the enemy and leadership skill which allows him to extend his army’s capacity just like Julius Caesar.
To summon Scipio Africanus, you will need 10 of his sculptures, which can obtain throughout events, the VIP shop, golden chests.
Pros & Cons:
- A powerful Epic Commander that has lots of good defensive skills.
- Has the ability to increase the troops’ capacity.
- Capable of dealing a high amount of damage with his normal attack and counterattack.
- Has the ability to rally the enemy city.
- Has the healing ability.
- Can play any roles.
- Great in the early game – suitable for both PvP and PvE.
- He starts to become weaker when reaching mid to late game.
- His active skill doesn’t do any damage.
Scipio Africanus Skills:
|Whenever Scipio uses Military Life, it increases his troops’ counterattack damage and reduces the damage taken fo r 5 seconds.|
Military Life is very useful for both PvP and PvE battles since it can reduce the damage taken and increase the counterattack damage. Thanks to this, his troops can reduce the loss while fighting and can fight back harder against any enemies they meet on the battlefield.
|When an enemy attacks Scipio’s troops, he has a 10% chance to increase his troops’ attack for 1 second. When his army has less than 40% of units remaining, he has a 10% chance to heal slightly wounded soldiers. These two effects can only trigger once every 5 seconds.|
· Attack Bonus: 30% / 40 % / 60% / 80% / 100%
· Healing Factor: 150 / 200 / 250 / 350 / 450
Patient Warrior is a strong passive skill because it grants Scipio a small chance to increase his troops’ strength by giving them 100% more attack in 1 second. And when his army troops fall below 40% units, it gives a healing factor of 450 to all slightly wounded units.
Conqueror of Africa
|Scipio and his troops gain bonus damage when attacking other Governor’s cities.|
· Damage Bonus: 1% / 2% / 3% / 5% / 7%
It is a pretty good passive skill in the early game since it gives Scipio an extra 7% damage toward the enemy’s city.
|This passive skill extends Scipio troops’ capacity.|
· Troop Capacity Bonus: 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10%
This passive skill expands the size of Scipio’s army which can help him overwhelm his enemy on the battlefield.
|When an enemy attacks Scipio’s troops, he has a 15% chance to increase his troops’ attack for 2 seconds. When his army has less than 40% of units remaining, he has a 15% chance to heal slightly wounded soldiers (Healing Factor 500). These two effects can only trigger once every 5 seconds.|
Utter Annihilation enhances the 2nd ability by giving it more probability to trigger (from 10% to 15%), extending the duration of the skill (from 1 to 2 seconds), and adding extra healing factor (From 450 to 500 Healing Factor).
- Military Life: This only applies to normal attack damage, not skill damage.
- Patient Warrior: The more enemies attacking Scipio, the more chance this skill getting triggered.
- Conqueror of Africa: Includes both normal attack damage and skill damage. This is pretty impressive for an epic commander. Mehmed has a better buff, however he is a Legendary commander and hard to get or max out (for free players).
- Genuine Aristocracy: This is probably his best skill. This is also why many people use Scipio in open-field. 10% more troops is literally a lot.
- Utter Annihilation: Nothing to say. This is crazy!
How should I use Scipio Africanus?
|Infantry (Attacking Cities)||✔️||✔️|
|Mixed Troops (Balanced)||✔️||✔️|
|Mixed Troops (Attacking Cities)||✔️|
|Mixed Troops (Tank)||✔️||✔️|
It’s always recommended to keep him at 1⭐ and max out his first skill first. Then, get him to 2⭐ and max out the 2nd skill.
Now, get him to 4⭐ and max out the rest of the skills.
If you are using him as the secondary commander, no need to focus on leveling him up later on.
Only get him to past 5⭐ If you are using him as the primary commander.
Also, in case you only use Scipion in normal attacks versus other players, you can get him to 4⭐ right after maxing out his first skill.
Best Commanders to Pair with Scipio Africanus
- Scipio ⇄ Richard
- Scipio ⇄ Caesar
- Scipio ⇄ Charles
- Scipio ⇄ Eulji
- Balanced DPS: To be honest, Scipio is great when getting coupled with any commander in Rise of Kingdoms as long as they have the same using purposes (talent trees).
Recommended Talent Builds for Scipio Africanus
Pairing Commanders for Scipio Africanus
Scipio and Caesar are both strong leadership, have large troop sizes and powerful capabilities.
Caesar can further improve Scipio’s strength in both defense and offense.
Sun Tzu is a strong Epic Commander. He has a very high damage output compared to other epic Commanders, not to mention his active skill can hit multiple enemies.